At Taste of Old Country, we know extra virgin olive oils can have a far greater impact beyond just your taste buds. Outside of being a delicious addition to any meal, olive oil is filled with fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants that are great for your internal and external health. Studies have shown that individuals with an olive oil-rich diet have stronger cell development and are better able to combat diseases associated with the heart.
In comparison to other oils, extra virgin olive oil typically provides even more advantages. Although the list can go on, we’ve compiled the top five health benefits associated with extra virgin olive oil.
- Hair & Skin Health: Rich in vitamin E, this olive oil strengthens hair and promotes healthy skin growth with its cell-promoting and healing benefits. A balanced intake of olive oil will leave your hair softer and with fewer split-ends.
- Cardiovascular Improvements: Extra virgin olive oil is partially composed of monounsaturated fatty acid which has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease. Additionally, it aids in protecting red blood cells with the antioxidants present.
- Cholesterol Maintenance: Regular consumption of olive oil can lower levels of cholesterol due to the antioxidant chemicals’ ability to reduce the oxidation of LDL cholesterol. Lower LDL decreases the likelihood of heart disease and other related issues. In comparison to other oils, extra virgin olive oil typically provides even more advantages. Although the list can go on, we’ve compiled the top five health benefits associated with extra virgin olive oil.
- Diabetes Protection: Many studies have shown that a relatively high consumption of olive oil can reduce glucose levels, triglycerides and LDL – which combats diabetes and the high cholesterol levels mentioned above.
- Digestive Assistance: The fats found in olive oil are known to clean the digestive tract, allowing for easier and more comfortable digestion. Additionally, the consumption of extra virgin olive oil makes for a healthier colon. From skin cell growth to digestive health, extra virgin olive oil offers health benefits throughout the entire body. Additionally, these valuable antioxidants cannot be found in other oils. The benefits are too great to ignore. Visit our online store to shop our vast selection of artisan olive oils!